Roasted grapes and olives are one of the best easy appetizers that are a cinch to make. Sweet red grapes and salty green olives are roasted together to make an unusual match that pairs exquisitely together. This unique combination is the perfect addition to a cheese platter, charcuterie board, or appetizer spread.
I love having a handful of easy appetizer recipes in my cooking arsenal. They are nice to throw together if you have last minute company or if you are busy cooking a big holiday meal. I love adding these to my charcuterie boards and they are great for snacking when you are having cocktails with friends.
🍇 Ingredient notes
- Grapes - Use red grapes if you can, because they tend to be a bit sweeter and are a good contrast in color to the green olives. Get seedless grapes too if you can!
- Olives - Use green olives that are pitted and packed in brine
🔪 Step by step instructions
In a bowl, mix together the olives, grapes, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
Next, place the mixture onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
Lastly, roast them in 375˚ oven for 15-20 minutes until the grapes shrivel and olives start to lightly brown.
Let the mixture cool and serve at room temperature or chilled.
If you ever don't recognize a tool or skill that I mention, be sure to look it up in our Glossary of Cooking Terms and Definitions for more information.
⭐ Top tip
Make sure to get olives that are not packed in oil, but in brine. It will add extra oil and possibly seasoning to the recipe that may effect the final taste. If you cannot find olives in brine, rinse them thoroughly before mixing them with the other ingredients.
- Spicy - Add ½ cup of peppadew or pepperoncini peppers to the mixture before roasting
- Cheese - After cooking and cooling, add cubes of manchego and parmesan cheese to the mixture.
🍸 More appetizer recipes
If you loved this recipe for this easy roasted olives and grapes appetizer, check out these other appetizer recipes that I know you will love.
Roasted Grapes and Olives
- In a medium bowl, mix together grapes, olives, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Place grape and olive mixture on the prepared sheet pan and roast in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until the grapes start to shrivel and the olives start to lightly brown.
- Cool completely and serve at room temperature or chilled.